This 18V hydraulic punch is typically used in switchboards and other metal enclosures, made of aluminium, steel and stainless steel. The punch tool produces an efficient hole without the need for multiple sized holesaws. As a result, hole edges are clean with little to no sharp edges.
Punch dies included: 22.5, 28.3, 34.6, 43.2, 49.6, 61.5MM
Other dies will also fit. The 22.5MM fits the included 7/16 (11.5MM) draw stud, and the larger sizes fit the 3/4 (19MM) draw stud. This hole size is necessary first, then the punch will enlarge this hole to the required size using threaded punch dies. Generally, a 20MM holesaw or step-bit is used to make initial holes, then all holes can be cleanly enlarged to the desired size with the punch.
An existing hole can easily be enlarged, which would have otherwise been difficult with any other tool; For instance, a 32MM hole in steel can be enlarged to a 50MM in seconds, even allowing adjustment of positioning of the new hole.
- OLED screen displaying battery level and number of uses
- 2x 18V 3.2Ah batteries (Makita compatible)
- Genuine Makita charger (the charger in the photos is swapped out)
- Up to 180 punches per battery charge
- Heavy duty plastic moulded case
- 6 second hydraulic operation time after threading on punch
- Rated up to a 61.5MM hole in 3.5mm steel
- Spare set of sealing rings for the cylinder and safety valve are included
The punch tool comes with generic batteries, however genuine Makita branded 18V batteries will fit the crimper and operate normally. With the use of a third-party 18V battery adapter, other major tools manufacturers may be supported.